Wednesday, October 31, 2007

del.ic.ious = NOT

This old dog doesn't see herself using this! I found it very cumbersome and the only thing it did was make me want CHOCOLATE! Why wouldn't I want to just go to Google ? If I can't remember that exact web name then Google will serve the purpose. I'm all for less clicking and typing. Not to mention trying to keep all the names and passwords straight. Come on, I'm just trying to remember if I've put on my deodorant this morning!
The articles I tagged that interested me made this exercise worthwhile. Understanding teens and their MySpace preoccupation. If they spent less time online and more time doing things the old fashioned way. One example is the kids that come in for library cards that don't know how to address an envelope! Not to mention that they don't know their address either!
The privacy issue article was also interesting in this age of stolen identities and fraud. The internet is a great tool but we all know it's darkside. I do not like to do business online. It's either my ineptness or bad luck that my order doesn't get to me. I prefer to actually talk to a human being.

2 comments:

westie_servant said...

I really do hope you find your deodorant soon seeing as I have to work with you. And you call ME a whiner?????
*snicker*

kicking and screaming said...

old dog, i'm right there with you, and I am also kicking and screaming. I'm trying to keep up with the weekly assignments and I've had a few "ah ha" moments, but i just can't really see myself continuing to do all this stuff...I want a live body to talk to, I want a book to hold and feel and smell...I want to interact with a warm body when i need a question answered...aaaghhh!! Enough, I'm getting all wound up...